As vaccine rates drop across the state, Rural Health Clinics have a unique opportunity to upend entrenched health care skeptics and restore vaccine confidence.
Vaccination rates for kindergarten- and 7th grade-age children have declined 3% to 5% over the last couple of years, according to the state’s public health agency. For one, the MMR vaccine, uptake has dropped to only 88 percent of children.
So it’s perfect timing for rural health clinics to take advantage of a unique opportunity to develop high-quality information through trusted sources and build the reputation of local health care voices. To maximize this opportunity, the Texas Organization of Rural and Community Hospitals (TORCH) is working with state and federal officials to distribute community engagement and education grants to increase vaccination rates. Program info here >>
Tactics can have a net-negative effect, however, if not executed well. Studies show vaccine-hesitant populations are particularly distrusting, and messages that reflect government influence or oversight tend to push people away from otherwise trustworthy and influential health care voices.
Messaging frequency is not a strategy
- Groundswell Health’s work with rural hospitals and advocacy organizations prior to and during the pandemic build rapports and trust for rural health care brands and leaders to turn the tide against misinformation. Our unique system is designed from decades of working with complex health issues. Learn more about it here >>
Build your unique community engagement campaign.
- Create your own groundswell of support today by working with Groundswell Health. Get the tools you need such as:
- Full campaigns for your community
- Digital display ads and social media
- Media budgets
- Digital signage and message management
- Powerpoint decks for civic club presentations
- Posters and print materials
- Print and radio ads
More details from TORCH:
- Download the TORCH one-page summary flyer here.
Is your communications program is engaging and effective?
- Is it designed for a target audience and tailored to their perspectives and needs?
- Does your messaging engage internal and community stakeholders?
- Can you easily syndicate your content rapidly through informed and respected influencers?