The Internet is an amazing tool. It has the power to change the way we live, and we’re starting to see that potential today. With only a few mouse-clicks, you can follow the news, look up facts, buy goods and services, and communicate with others from around the world. It’s important to Groundswell to help our customers retain their privacy when they take advantage of all the Internet has to offer.
We believe your business is no one else’s. Your privacy is important to you and to us. So we’ll protect the information you share with us. To protect your privacy, Groundswell follows different principles in accordance with worldwide practices for customer privacy and data protection.
- We won’t sell or give away your name, mail address, phone number, email address or any other information to anyone.
- We’ll use state-of-the-art security measures to protect your information from unauthorized users.
We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you (personal information) or allows us to contact you. Generally, this information is requested when you create a Registration ID on the site or when you download free software, enter a contest, order email newsletters or join a limited-access premium site. We use your Personal Information for four primary purposes:
- To make the site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once.
- To help you quickly find software, services or information.
- To help us create content most relevant to you.
- To alert you to product upgrades, special offers, updated information and other new services from Groundswell.
If you choose not to register or provide personal information, you can still use most of www.ourgroundswell.com. But you will not be able to access areas that require registration.
If you decide to register, you will be able to select the kinds of information you want to receive from us by subscribing to various services, like our electronic newsletters. If you do not want us to communicate with you about other offers regarding Groundswell products, programs, events, or services by email, postal mail, or telephone, you may select the option stating that you do not wish to receive marketing messages from Groundswell.
Groundswell occasionally allows other companies to offer our registered customers information about their products and services, using postal mail only. If you do not want to receive these offers, you may select the option stating that you do not wish to receive marketing materials from third parties.
We will provide you with the means to ensure that your personal information is correct and current. You may review and update this information at any time at the Visitor Center. There, you can:
- View and edit personal information you have already given us.
- Tell us whether you want us to send you marketing information, or whether you want third parties to send you their offers by postal mail.
- Sign up for electronic newsletters about our services and products.
- Once you register, you won’t need to do it again. Wherever you go on www.ourgroundswell.com, your information stays with you.
Groundswell has taken strong measures to protect the security of your personal information and to ensure that your choices for its intended use are honored. We take strong precautions to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
We guarantee your e-commerce transactions to be 100% safe and secure. When you place orders or access your personal account information, you’re utilizing secure server software SSL, which encrypts your personal information before it’s sent over the Internet. SSL is one of the safest encryption technologies available.
In addition, your transactions are guaranteed under the Fair Credit Billing Act. This Act states that your bank cannot hold you liable for more than $50.00 in fraudulent credit card charges. If your bank does hold you liable for $50.00 or less, we’ll cover your liability provided the unauthorized, fraudulent use of your credit card resulted through no fault of your own and from purchases made from us over our secure server. In the event of unauthorized use of your credit card, you must notify your credit card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures.
Groundswell strictly protects the security of your personal information and honors your choices for its intended use. We carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Your personal information is never shared outside the company without your permission, except under conditions explained above. Inside the company, data is stored in password-controlled servers with limited access. Your information may be stored and processed in the U.S. or any other country where Groundswell, its subsidiaries, affiliates or agents are located.
You also have a significant role in protecting your information. No one can see or edit your personal information without knowing your username and password, so do not share these with others.
NOTICE TO PARENTS
Parents or guardians: we want to help you guard your children’s privacy. We encourage you to talk to your children about safe and responsible use of their Personal Information while using the Internet.
The Groundswell site does not publish content that is targeted to children. However, if you are concerned about your children providing Groundswell any personal information without your consent, Groundswell offers a Kids account. It allows parents to give parental consent for the collection, use and sharing of children’s (ages 12 and under) personal information online.
ELECTRONIC PRODUCT REGISTRATION
When you buy and install a new product, we may ask you to register your purchase electronically. When you do, we merge your registration information with any information you’ve already left with us (we call that information your personal profile). If you haven’t previously registered with us, we create a personal profile for you from your product registration information. If you ever want to review or update that information, you can visit the Profile Center, click on Update Profile, and edit any of the Personal Information in your profile. If you haven’t already created a Registration ID, we will ask you to do so. This ensures that only you can access your information.
As mentioned above, every registered customer has a unique personal profile. Each profile is assigned a unique personal identification number, which helps us ensure that only you can access your profile.
When you register, we create your profile, assign a personal identification number, then send this personal identification number back to your hard drive in the form of a cookie, which is a very small bit of code. This code is uniquely yours. It is your passport to seamless travel across www.ourgroundswell.com, allowing you to download free software, order free newsletters, and visit premium sites without having to fill out registration forms with information you’ve already provided. Even if you switch computers, you won’t have to re-register – just use your Registration ID to identify yourself.
What we do with the information you share
When you join us, you provide us with your contact information, including your email address. We use this information to send you updates about your order, questionnaires to measure your satisfaction with our service and announcements about new and exciting services that we offer. When you order from us, we ask for your credit card number and billing address. We use this information only to bill you for the product(s) you order at that time. For your convenience, we do save billing information in case you want to order from us again, but we don’t use this information again without your permission.
We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, including packaging, mailing and delivering purchases, answering customer questions about products or services, sending postal mail and processing event registration. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
Groundswell will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Groundswell or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Groundswell and its family of Websites, and, (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Groundswell, its Websites, or the public.
Website Terms & Conditions
Welcome to ourgroundswell.com (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”, “We,” “Us,” or “Our”), owned and operated by Groundswell (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) with its registered office located at www.ourgroundswell.com. The Website is offered to You conditioned on Your acceptance without modification of the Terms, Conditions, and notices contained herein (the “Terms”).
- Our Website is a Platform (hereinafter referred to as “Platform”) where users can explore Groundswell’s health care marketing and communications services. The Users of the Website shall be referred to as “You,” “Your,” or “Users.”
- By clicking on the “Accept” button at the end of the Agreement acceptance form, Users agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement. Please read this entire Agreement carefully before accepting its Terms. When You undertake any activity on the Website, You agree to accept these Terms and Conditions.
- In using this Website, You are deemed to have read and agreed to the following Terms and Conditions set forth herein. Any incidental documents and links mentioned shall be accepted jointly with these Terms. You agree to use the Website only in strict interpretation and acceptance of these Terms, and any actions or commitments made without regard to these Terms shall be at Your own risk. These Terms and Conditions form part of the Agreement between the Users and Us. By accessing this Website, and/or undertaking to perform a Service provided by Us indicates Your understanding, agreement to and acceptance of the disclaimer notice and the full Terms and Conditions contained herein.
- ELIGIBILITY OF THE USER
- You may use the Service only if You are at least eighteen (18) years of age and can form a binding contract with Us, and only in compliance with this Agreement and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations.
- Unauthorized Users are strictly prohibited from accessing or attempting to access, directly or indirectly, the Platform. Any such unauthorized use is strictly forbidden and shall constitute a violation of applicable state and local laws.
- Our Website may, in its sole discretion, refuse to offer access to or use of the Platform to any person or entity, and change its eligibility criteria at any time. This provision is void where prohibited by law and the right to access the Website is revoked in such jurisdictions.
- SERVICES OFFERED BY THE PLATFORM
- We provide the Users with a Platform to explore Groundswell’s health care marketing services.
- YOU AGREE AND CONFIRM
- That You will use the Services provided by Our Platform, its affiliates and contracted companies, for lawful purposes only and comply with all applicable laws and regulations while using the Platform.
- That You will provide authentic and true information in all instances where such information is requested of You. We reserve the right to confirm and validate the information and other details provided by You at any point in time. If upon confirmation Your details are found not to be true (wholly or partly), We have the right in Our sole discretion to reject the registration and debar You from using the Services of Our Platform and/or other affiliated websites without prior intimation whatsoever.
- That You are accessing the Services available on this Website and transacting at Your sole risk and are using Your best and prudent judgment before entering into any dealings through this Platform.
- It is possible that the other Users (including unauthorized/unregistered users or “hackers”) may post or transmit offensive or obscene materials on the Platform and that You may be involuntarily exposed to such offensive and obscene materials. It also is possible for others to obtain personal information about You due to Your use of the Platform, and that the recipient may use such information to harass or injure You. We do not approve of such unauthorized uses, but by using the Platform, You acknowledge and agree that We are not responsible for the use of any personal information that You publicly disclose or share with others on the Platform. Please carefully select the type of information that You publicly disclose or share with others on the Platform.
- You agree to not post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information or description/image/text/graphic of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national, or international law.
- You agree to not post or transmit any information, software, or other material which violates or infringes the rights of others, including material which is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or which is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or right holder.
- You agree to not alter, damage or delete any Content or other communications that are not Your own Content or to otherwise interfere with the ability of others to access Our Platform.
- You agree to indemnify and keep indemnified the Company from all claims/losses (including advocates’ fees for defending/prosecuting any case) that may arise against the Company due to acts/omission on the part of the User.
- WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATION AND UNDERTAKINGS OF USER
- The User warrants and represents that all obligations narrated under this Agreement are legal, valid, binding and enforceable in law against the User.
- The User agrees that there are no proceedings pending against the User, which may have a material adverse effect on its ability to perform and meet the obligations under this Agreement.
- The User agrees that it shall, at all times, ensure compliance with all the requirements applicable to its business and for the purposes of this Agreement including but not limited to intellectual property rights, value-added tax, excise and import duties, etc. It further declares and confirms that it has paid and shall continue to discharge all its obligations towards statutory authorities.
- The User agrees that it has adequate rights under relevant laws including but not limited to various intellectual property legislation(s) to enter into this Agreement with the Company and perform the obligations contained herein and that it has not violated/infringed any intellectual property rights of any third party.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- The User expressly authorizes the Company to use its trademarks/copyrights/designs/logos and other intellectual property owned and/or licensed by it for the purpose of reproduction on the Platform and at such other places as the Company may deem necessary. It is expressly agreed and clarified that, except as specified agreed in this Agreement, each Party shall retain all right, title and interest in their respective trademarks and logos and that nothing contained in this Agreement, nor the use of the trademarks/logos in the publicity, advertising, promotional or other material in relation to the Services shall be construed as giving to any Party any right, title or interest of any nature whatsoever to any of the other Party’s trademarks and/or logos.
- The Company’s Website and other Platforms, and the information and materials that it contains, are the property of the Company and its licensors, and are protected from unauthorized copying and dissemination by copyright law, trademark law, international conventions, and other intellectual property laws. All the Company’s product names and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks. Nothing contained on the Company’s Website should be interpreted as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use the Company’s Website or any materials displayed on the Company’s Website, through the use of framing or otherwise, except: (a) as expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions; or (b) with the prior written consent of the Company. The User shall not attempt to override or circumvent any of the usage rules or restrictions on the Website.
- Except as otherwise expressly granted to You in writing, We do not grant You any other express or implied right or license to the Services, Our Content or Our intellectual property rights.
- Proprietary Rights. Subject to the limited rights expressly granted in this Agreement, the Company reserves all rights, title and interest in and to the Service, including all related intellectual property rights. No rights are granted to the User in this Agreement other than as expressly outlined in this Agreement.
- “Data” means any and all identifiable information about Users and their affiliates generated or collected by the Company or the User, including but not limited to the User’s name, email addresses, Services availed, phone numbers, and the User’s preferences and tendencies. The User agrees that it will only use the Data in complying with its obligations in this Agreement.
- The User represents, warrants, and covenants that it will not resell or otherwise disclose any Data to any third party, in whole or in part, for any purpose whatsoever.
- The User acknowledges that the Services may contain information which is designated as confidential by the Company and that You shall not disclose such information without the Company’s prior written consent.
- By submitting Content, the User hereby irrevocably grants Us a perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free right to use the Content for any purpose including API partnerships with third parties and in any media existing now or in future. The User irrevocably waives, and causes to be waived, any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to the User’s Content brought against Us by any third-party services or their users.
- We may obtain business addresses, phone numbers, and other contact information from third-party vendors who obtain their Data from public sources. We have no control over, and make no representation or endorsement regarding the accuracy, relevancy, copyright compliance, legality, completeness, timeliness or quality of any products, services, advertisements and other Content appearing in or linked to the Services.
- Nothing in this Agreement will be construed as creating a relationship of partnership, joint venture, agency, or employment between the Parties. The Company shall not be responsible for the acts or omissions of the User, and the User shall not represent the Company, neither does it have any power or authority to speak for, represent, bind, or assume any obligation on behalf of the Company.
- EXPRESS RELEASE
- You expressly hereby release and waive all claims against the Company, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, licensors, co-branders or other partners, and employees from any and all liability for claims, damages (actual and/or consequential), costs and expenses (including litigation costs and attorneys’ fees) of every kind and nature, arising from or in any way related to Your use of the Company’s Website. You understand that any fact relating to any matter covered by this release may be found to be other than now believed to be true and You accept and assume the risk of such possible differences in fact. In addition, You expressly waive and relinquish any and all rights and benefits which You may have under any other state or federal statute or common law principle of similar effect, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- It is expressly agreed by the User that the Company shall under no circumstances be liable or responsible for any loss, injury or damage to the User or any other Party whomsoever, arising on account of any transaction under this Agreement.
- The User agrees and acknowledges that it shall be solely liable for any claims, damages, or allegations arising out of the Services through the Platform and shall hold the Company harmless and indemnified against all such claims and damages. Further, the Company shall not be liable for any claims or damages arising out of any negligence, misconduct, or misrepresentation by the User or any of its representatives.
- The Company under no circumstances shall be liable to the User for loss and/or anticipated loss of profits, or for any direct or indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the subject matter of this Agreement, regardless of the type of claim and even if the User has been advised of the possibility of such damages, such as, but not limited to loss of revenue or anticipated profits or loss of business, unless such loss or damages is proven by the User to have been deliberately caused by the Company.
- This Agreement may be terminated by the Company if the User commits a material breach of any representation, obligation, covenant, warranty or term of this Agreement and the same is not cured within 30 days after written notice given by the Company, if a petition for insolvency is filed against the User or if the User is in infringement of third-party rights, including intellectual property rights.
- This Agreement may be terminated without reason by either Party after serving upon the other a written notice of thirty (30) days. The Agreement shall stand terminated after expiry of such period.
- EFFECTS OF TERMINATION
- In the event of termination/expiry of this Agreement, the Company shall remove and shall discontinue the Services provided to the User on its Platform with immediate effect.
- The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damages (direct, indirect or inconsequential) incurred by the User by virtue of termination of this Agreement.
- During the period under notice, both the Parties shall be bound to perform their obligations incurred under this Agreement, and this sub-clause shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
- GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION:
- This Agreement shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Texas without regard to the Company or the Website of its conflict of law provisions or the User’s state or country of residence.
- The User submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Texas for the enforcement of this Agreement or any arbitration award or decision arising from this Agreement.
- If there is a dispute between the User and other Users, the User understands and agrees that the Company is under no obligation with respect thereto, and the User, to the fullest extent permitted by law, hereby releases the Company and its affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, service providers, affiliates, agents, and successors from, and agrees to indemnify each of the foregoing for any losses incurred in connection with any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes.
- The User agrees that in case it is unable to resolve its disputes with other Users, then the Company has the right to remove the User from the Website and terminate this Agreement.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Company and its affiliates, and each of its respective officers, directors, members, employees, and agents disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with this Agreement, the Website and any use thereof, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. The Company makes no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of the Website’s Content or the Content of any other Websites linked to the Website, and assumes no liability or responsibility for any (a) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of Content and materials, (b) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from the User’s access to and use of the Website, (c) any unauthorized access to or use of the Company’s servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein, (d) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the Website, (e) any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like which may be transmitted to or through the Website by any third party, and/or (f) any errors or omissions in any Content and materials or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the Website. The Company does not guarantee the privacy, security or authenticity of any information so transmitted over or stored in any system connected to the internet or mobile devices.
- Except as explicitly stated otherwise, any notices given to the Company shall be given online here or at 4425 S. MoPac Expy, Bldg2 Suite 100, Austin, Texas 78735. Any notices given to the User shall be to the email address provided by the User to the Company at the time of listing (or as such information may be updated via the Website by the User from time to time) or at the mailing address provided by the User to the Company.
- Any notice, demand, or request with respect to this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be effective only if it is delivered by email, personal service, by air courier with receipt of delivery, or mailed, certified mail, return receipt requested, postage prepaid, to the address set forth above. Such communications shall be effective when they are received by the addressee, but if sent by certified mail in the manner set forth above, they shall be effective five (5) days after being deposited in the mail. Any Party may change its address for such communications by giving notice to the other Party in conformity with this section.
- The Company may at any time at its sole discretion modify this Agreement from time to time, and any such changes will (i) be reflected on the Website, (ii) be effective thirty (30) calendar days after being so posted on the Website, (iii) not apply retroactively, and (iv) not apply to any disputes arising prior to the effective date of such change. The Company shall also post the amended Agreement to the address of the User. The User agrees to be bound to any such changes and understands the importance of regularly reviewing this Agreement as updated on the Website to keep the User’s listing and contact information current.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, the Company reserves the right to, at any time and from time to time, change, alter, modify, or discontinue the Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice. The User agrees that the Company shall have no liability to the User or to any third party for any change, alteration, modification, suspension, discontinuance, or amendment of the Company’s Website.
- FORCE MAJEURE
- Except with regard to payment obligations, either Party shall be excused from delays in performing or from failing to perform its obligations under this contract to the extent the delays or failures resulting from causes beyond the reasonable control of the Party, including, but not limited to: failures or default of third-party software, Users, or products; acts of God or of a public enemy; foreign governmental actions; strikes; communications, network connection, or utility interruption or failure; fire; flood; epidemic; or freight embargoes.
- CONTACT US:
- For any further clarification of Our Terms and Conditions, please contact us here.